Create worlds in real time.
Create beautiful, lifelike worlds in Unreal Engine 4 under the guidance of Joe Garth, one of the industry's top realtime artists. Having worked on projects such as Quixel's Rebirth and Crysis, Joe will teach you everything you need to know to get started with environments in Unreal.
Our students are badasses.
And so much more...
Check out all of the awesome perks you get as a student of Learn Squared.
A dedicated community
Join over 20,000 students from around the world, all dedicated to improving their art. In our community, you will never learn alone.
Invite your friends
Sharing is caring. Especially when it saves you and your friends some money. Refer friends to get discounts and save on purchases.
Track your progress
Learning a new discipline can be a long, daunting process. We make it easy for you to keep track of your progress.
Watch any time
No more semesters. No more access periods. Buy a course to get instant, lifetime access and start learning whenever works for you
All of our courses include downloadable project files. Follow along as you learn using the same working files as your instructors.
Learn from other students experience. Many of our courses include bonus recordings of past mentorship meetings to watch any time.
Sign up any time
No rush. Not like there's any competition out there.
Instant access to portions of this course and dozens of others
No credit card required
- Instant access to this CourseOnce you've signed up for this Course, you'll have unlimited access to it as long as you have an account!
- 10 Hours of lecturesThis includes all of the premium training which is included as a part of this course.
- 4 Hours of bonus contentBonus Content typically includes materials like unedited video recordings, past mentorships, and extra tips & tricks. To see a full list of content, check out the Lesson List below!
- Download project filesDownload all of the materials created for this course, so you can poke around in the source files, or follow along with the instructor.
- Exclusive communityWhen you become a student, you get instant access to our exclusive Discord channel, where you can chat with thousands of other Learn Squared students.
- Lifetime accessAs a member of this course, you will be able to access and view its content any time.
Get in touch for more information about discounts for teams, both big and small. Big savings either way.
Bundle and save.
Unreal Bundle. Save $41.40
Buy all 4 of our Unreal courses together in a bundle to maximize your learning and save an additional 20% during checkout. Four courses for a low price. You have no more excuses!
- 33 hrs & 14 minsTotal Bundle Duration
- 308 VideosVideo Lectures in Bundle
- Save 20%Bundle Discount
Van Gogh would have given his other ear to learn from artists like this.
Artwork by instructor Joe Garth
Course Lesson Plan
Here's the low-down on everything covered in this course.
- 10 hours 26 minutesTotal Bundle Duration
- 103 VideosVideo Lectures in Bundle
- 5.06 GB of FilesDownloadable Project Files
Tools Used ?The tools listed below are used throughout the lectures of this course. Using alternatives is definitely possible depending on your proficiency, but we can only recommend using these listed softwares.
- Unreal Engine
In this lesson, you'll learn the basics of Unreal and begin crafting your environment idea. You'll find references, build a library of assets, and assemble those assets together into one convenient staging area. By the end of this lesson, you'll have all the tools you need to start building your own environment.
- 1 hour 45 minutesTotal Lesson Duration
- 23 VideosVideo Lectures in this Lesson
- Project FilesDownloadable Project Files
In this lesson, you will build a new level in Unreal Engine. Utilizing various sculpting, set dressing and lighting techniques, your level will progress from a completely flat plane to a beautifully laid out vista.
- 3 hours 41 minutesTotal Lesson Duration
- 33 VideosVideo Lectures in this Lesson
Creating a New Level
Landscape Material Features
Now that you've created a natural environment, you'll learn how to quickly build a sprawling city. Blueprints, shaders and different kinds of set dressing can generate an incredible amount of variety in no time at all. You will finish by setting up a polished scene, which can either be turned into gameplay or a rendered image.
- 2 hours 35 minutesTotal Lesson Duration
- 23 VideosVideo Lectures in this Lesson
Building a City
Creating a Shot
Play Your Artwork
Now you will polish the environments and shots you've created throughout the course. This not only means making them look prettier, but also making sure they perform well while the environment is being run in real-time. At the end of this lesson, you will have a completed 2D or video piece, as well as a playable environment.
- 2 hours 23 minutesTotal Lesson Duration
- 24 VideosVideo Lectures in this Lesson
Homework can be cool.
Check out some of the amazing work Unreal Environments students have created by doing their homework.
There's no homework yet
Any commited homework will be visible here
Our students have awesome jobs.
Join a devoted community of over 20,000 students from around the world.