Get traditional, get hired.
Our students are badasses.
Start learning for free.
And so much more...
Check out all of the awesome perks you get as a student of Learn Squared.
A dedicated community
Join over 20,000 students from around the world, all dedicated to improving their art. In our community, you will never learn alone.
Invite your friends
Sharing is caring. Especially when it saves you and your friends some money. Refer friends to get discounts and save on purchases.
Track your progress
Learning a new discipline can be a long, daunting process. We make it easy for you to keep track of your progress.
Watch any time
No more semesters. No more access periods. Buy a course to get instant, lifetime access and start learning whenever works for you
All of our courses include downloadable project files. Follow along as you learn using the same working files as your instructors.
Learn from other students experience. Many of our courses include bonus recordings of past mentorship meetings to watch any time.
Sign up any time
No rush. Not like there's any competition out there.
Instant access to portions of this course and dozens of others
No credit card required
- Instant access to this CourseOnce you've signed up for this Course, you'll have unlimited access to it as long as you have an account!
- 4 Hours of lecturesThis includes all of the premium training which is included as a part of this course.
- 9 Hours of bonus contentBonus Content typically includes materials like unedited video recordings, past mentorships, and extra tips & tricks. To see a full list of content, check out the Lesson List below!
- Download project filesDownload all of the materials created for this course, so you can poke around in the source files, or follow along with the instructor.
- Exclusive communityWhen you become a student, you get instant access to our exclusive Discord channel, where you can chat with thousands of other Learn Squared students.
- Lifetime accessAs a member of this course, you will be able to access and view its content any time.
Get in touch for more information about discounts for teams, both big and small. Big savings either way.
Course Lesson Plan
Here's the low-down on everything covered in this course.
- 4 hours 42 minutesTotal Bundle Duration
- 79 VideosVideo Lectures in Bundle
- 113.09 MB of FilesDownloadable Project Files
Tools Used ?The tools listed below are used throughout the lectures of this course. Using alternatives is definitely possible depending on your proficiency, but we can only recommend using these listed softwares.
- Pencil and Paper
- Adobe Photoshop
This lesson will explore the fundamentals of illustration, both in creating your art and making a living from it. Being a freelance illustrator requires you to be a good business person, which means finding work and getting along with clients is just as important as making beautiful images.
- 1 hour 18 minutesTotal Lesson Duration
- 25 VideosVideo Lectures in this Lesson
- Project FilesDownloadable Project Files
Elements of Illustration
Business of Freelance
In this lesson, you will prepare an image for the painting stage. You'll use the Brief Builder to come up with a concept, then take various steps which mirror the process of dealing with an art director. By the end of this lesson you will have a refined line drawing, and you'll be ready to start painting.
- 1 hour 35 minutesTotal Lesson Duration
- 23 VideosVideo Lectures in this Lesson
- Project FilesDownloadable Project Files
Preparing an Idea
Tran will begin this lesson by showing you everything she uses to create her paintings, from paints and colored pencils to proper workspace organization. You'll go over several different ways to apply your brush, including Tran's preferred method of glazing. After this, you'll block in values and bring your image to life. By the end of this lesson, your painting will look very close to its final form.
- 1 hour 12 minutesTotal Lesson Duration
- 20 VideosVideo Lectures in this Lesson
You will begin this lesson by completing your painting. Tran will demonstrate how to fix any last-minute errors and inspect the image, before finally scanning and getting it ready for presentation to the client. But the journey doesn't end there. Your art can still have a full life after delivery, by being preserved, framed, sold or reprinted. There are many ways to turn your work into additional revenue streams, and this is an important skill for freelancers to understand.
- 34 minutesTotal Lesson Duration
- 11 VideosVideo Lectures in this Lesson
Homework can be cool.
Check out some of the amazing work Freelance Illustration students have created by doing their homework.
There's no homework yet
Any commited homework will be visible here
Our students have awesome jobs.
Join a devoted community of over 20,000 students from around the world.