Expand your arsenal.
Embark on an artistic journey with renowned artist Luis Carrasco to confidently reimagine your weapon designs. No need to be a 3D artist or an expert at drawing. This course will spark your true creative genius regardless of skill level. Break free from limitations, unleash your imagination, and connect with a vibrant community of artists. Unlock your true potential and revolutionize your artistic process. Enroll now to embark on an inspiring exploration of weapon design excellence and awaken the artist within you!
Our students are badasses.
After signing up for our courses, many of our students have broken into the industry, leveled up their skills, and got hired for their dream jobs. With over 20,000 students from around the world, you'll be in good company.
And so much more...
Check out all of the awesome perks you get as a student of Learn Squared.
A dedicated community
Join over 20,000 students from around the world, all dedicated to improving their art. In our community, you will never learn alone.
Invite your friends
Sharing is caring. Especially when it saves you and your friends some money. Refer friends to get discounts and save on purchases.
Track your progress
Learning a new discipline can be a long, daunting process. We make it easy for you to keep track of your progress.
Watch any time
No more semesters. No more access periods. Buy a course to get instant, lifetime access and start learning whenever works for you
All of our courses include downloadable project files. Follow along as you learn using the same working files as your instructors.
Learn from other students experience. Many of our courses include bonus recordings of past mentorship meetings to watch any time.
Sign up any time
No rush. Not like there's any competition out there.
Instant access to portions of this course and dozens of others
No credit card required
- Instant access to this CourseOnce you've signed up for this Course, you'll have unlimited access to it as long as you have an account!
- 5 Hours of lecturesThis includes all of the premium training which is included as a part of this course.
- 14 Hours of bonus contentBonus Content typically includes materials like unedited video recordings, past mentorships, and extra tips & tricks. To see a full list of content, check out the Lesson List below!
- Download project filesDownload all of the materials created for this course, so you can poke around in the source files, or follow along with the instructor.
- Exclusive communityWhen you become a student, you get instant access to our exclusive Discord channel, where you can chat with thousands of other Learn Squared students.
- Lifetime accessAs a member of this course, you will be able to access and view its content any time.
Get in touch for more information about discounts for teams, both big and small. Big savings either way.
Meet Luis Carrasco, a visionary artist with an illustrious career in film and games. With credits on Star Wars, Jurassic World, and Ready Player One, he's a trusted Character Art Director. Luis's passion extends to teaching, inspiring students to unleash their creativity. His groundbreaking approach to weapon design breaks limitations, empowering artists to tap into their imagination. Join Luis on a transformative journey to redefine your designs. Enroll today and learn from an industry titan who will unlock your artistic potential.
Van Gogh would have given his other ear to learn from artists like this.
Artwork by instructor Luis Carrasco
Course Lesson Plan
Here's the low-down on everything covered in this course.
- 5 hours 42 minutesTotal Bundle Duration
- 38 VideosVideo Lectures in Bundle
- 502.58 MB of FilesDownloadable Project Files
Tools Used ?The tools listed below are used throughout the lectures of this course. Using alternatives is definitely possible depending on your proficiency, but we can only recommend using these listed softwares.
- Adobe Photoshop
Lateral Design Fundamentals
In this first lesson, you will unlearn anything you've already learned about weapon design. Luis will demonstrate his unique photo texturing approach, and help you to see shapes and patterns in ways you may not have thought of before. You will find artists whose work inspires you, you'll look for reference images to help spark creativity, and you'll use provided template material to practice your new skills. By the end of this lesson, you will have created your first set of basic weapon designs.
- 2 hours 17 minutesTotal Lesson Duration
- 15 VideosVideo Lectures in this Lesson
- Project FilesDownloadable Project Files
Basic Weapon Design
Detailed Weapon Creation
Now that you've learned the basics of Luis' unique approach to weapon design, you will use this lesson to create several finished weapon concepts of your own. Luis will go through advanced methods for silhouette creation, iteration and refining your designs, as well as ways you can repurpose existing finished designs to make an entirely new set of concepts. You will also learn to present what you've made in a way that will be compelling to clients or other potential viewers.
This course uses various melee weapons in order to teach you Luis' technique, but you can use these lessons to create any kind of weapon you choose. To demonstrate this, Luis finishes the course with an 'epilogue' chapter, in which he quickly shows how the same technique applies to various other weapon classes.
- 3 hours 24 minutesTotal Lesson Duration
- 23 VideosVideo Lectures in this Lesson
- Project FilesDownloadable Project Files
Detailed Weapon Designs
Repurposed Weapon Designs
Asymmetrical Weapon Designs
Epilogue: Branching Out
Homework can be cool.
Check out some of the amazing work Rethinking Weapon Design students have created by doing their homework.
There's no homework yet
Any commited homework will be visible here
Our students have awesome jobs.
Join a devoted community of over 20,000 students from around the world.