The future of concept art.
Dive into the world of concept art using Unreal Engine 5 with concept artist Ellie Cooper. In this brand new Learn Squared course, Ellie unveils her entire workflow, from initial sketches to finalized portfolio pieces, harnessing UE5's breakthrough tools like Nanite and Lumen. If you're new to Unreal Engine, make sure to check out Ellie's 'Unreal Engine 5 Basics' course, which is designed to help absolute beginners understand the latest toolset. As a special bonus, by purchasing the Concept Art in UE5 course, you'll get Ellie's Unreal Engine 5 Basics course for FREE!
Our students are badasses.
After signing up for our courses, many of our students have broken into the industry, leveled up their skills, and got hired for their dream jobs. With over 15,000 students from around the world, you'll be in good company.
Start learning for free.
Not sure which course is for you? As a member of Learn Squared, you'll get free access to the first lesson of every course to try before you're ready to buy. Sign up now to get instant access and start learning today.
And so much more...
Check out all of the awesome perks you get as a student of Learn Squared.
A dedicated community
Join over 20,000 students from around the world, all dedicated to improving their art. In our community, you will never learn alone.
Invite your friends
Sharing is caring. Especially when it saves you and your friends some money. Refer friends to get discounts and save on purchases.
Track your progress
Learning a new discipline can be a long, daunting process. We make it easy for you to keep track of your progress.
Watch any time
No more semesters. No more access periods. Buy a course to get instant, lifetime access and start learning whenever works for you
All of our courses include downloadable project files. Follow along as you learn using the same working files as your instructors.
Learn from other students experience. Many of our courses include bonus recordings of past mentorship meetings to watch any time.
Sign up any time
No rush. Not like there's any competition out there.
Instant access to portions of this course and dozens of others
No credit card required
- Instant access to this CourseOnce you've signed up for this Course, you'll have unlimited access to it as long as you have an account!
- 11 Hours of lecturesThis includes all of the premium training which is included as a part of this course.
- 2 Hours of bonus contentBonus Content typically includes materials like unedited video recordings, past mentorships, and extra tips & tricks. To see a full list of content, check out the Lesson List below!
- Download project filesDownload all of the materials created for this course, so you can poke around in the source files, or follow along with the instructor.
- Exclusive communityWhen you become a student, you get instant access to our exclusive Discord channel, where you can chat with thousands of other Learn Squared students.
- Lifetime accessAs a member of this course, you will be able to access and view its content any time.
Get in touch for more information about discounts for teams, both big and small. Big savings either way.
Ellie Cooper is an acclaimed digital artist renowned for her expertise in Unreal Engine 5, having crafted immersive environments and stunning visuals for industry giants such as MPC, Goodbye Kansas Studios, and top-tier clients including Disney, Paramount Pictures, and Bandai Namco. At the helm of Athena Productions, her visionary leadership continues to innovate at the intersection of video games, film, and TV, setting new benchmarks in the world of digital production. Ellie also empowers aspiring artists through her comprehensive courses at Learn Squared, sharing her vast industry knowledge and fostering a new generation of digital creators.
Van Gogh would've given his other ear to learn from artists like this.
Artwork by instructor Ellie Cooper
Course Lesson Plan
Here's the low-down on everything covered in this course.
- 11 hours 25 minutesTotal Bundle Duration
- 187 VideosVideo Lectures in Bundle
- 7.93 MB of FilesDownloadable Project Files
Tools Used ?The tools listed below are used throughout the lectures of this course. Using alternatives is definitely possible depending on your proficiency, but we can only recommend using these listed softwares.
- Unreal Engine 5
- Adobe Photoshop
This lesson will help you conceptualize and begin building your project. By the end of this lesson you will have a finished blockout.
Note: This course also comes with Ellie's Unreal Engine 5 Basics course as a free bonus! There will be a point during this lesson in which you're told when and how to access this content.
- 1 hour 51 minutesTotal Lesson Duration
- 24 VideosVideo Lectures in this Lesson
Becoming a Pro Artist
Intro to Realtime Concept Art
Unreal Engine 5 Basics
Planning the Project
Building the Scene
In this lesson, you will begin filling out your blockout with 3D assets from various sources. You will also begin setting up lighting and post-processing to take your artwork closer to your creative vision.
- 2 hours 21 minutesTotal Lesson Duration
- 17 VideosVideo Lectures in this Lesson
Basic Environment Decoration
Basic Lighting and Effects
In this lesson, you will craft your main hero element, add any finishing touches, and finally render out still image and cinematic versions of your scene.
- 1 hour 43 minutesTotal Lesson Duration
- 20 VideosVideo Lectures in this Lesson
Starting on the Hero Element
Rendering Your Scene
In this lesson, you'll take your still frame render into Photoshop and create your final paintover, using 2D techniques to boost various elements of the image.
- 1 hour 18 minutesTotal Lesson Duration
- 18 VideosVideo Lectures in this Lesson
Full Course: Unreal Engine 5 Basics
Purchasers of Concept Art in UE5 also get this second beginner-friendly course in its entirety. It has been uploaded as a bonus lesson within Concept Art in UE5.
- 4 hours 11 minutesTotal Lesson Duration
- 108 VideosVideo Lectures in this Lesson
- Project FilesDownloadable Project Files
Lesson 1: Absolute Basics - Introduction
Intro to Unreal
Basic Scene Challenge
Lesson 2: Assets and Lighting - Introduction
Basic Lighting Challenge
Lesson 3: Cameras - Introduction
Lesson 4: Post-Processing - Introduction
Lighting and Reflections
Lesson 5: Landscapes - Introduction
Lesson 6: Rendering - Introduction
Lesson 7: HDRI - Introduction
Lesson 8: Customizing Materials - Introduction
Setting Up a Material
Customized Materials Challenge
Lesson 9: MetaHumans - Introduction
Getting Acquainted with MetaHumans
Lesson 10: Expanding Your Horizons - Introduction
Becoming an Unreal Pro
Homework can be cool.
Check out some of the amazing work Concept Art in Unreal Engine 5 students have created by doing their homework.
There's no homework yet
Any commited homework will be visible here
Our students have awesome jobs.
Join a devoted community of over 20,000 students from around the world.